Am I At Risk?
Practicing abstinence or safe sex is the key to overall sexual health. You have plenty to worry about when you're not protecting yourself. Everything from emotional break downs to pregnancy to HIV or AIDS and everything in between. Respect and honor yourself as well as your partner, maintain healthy relationships, take care of your body and seek preventive care. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you are at risk for STIs, STDs, HIV or AIDS.
- Have you had unprotected sex?
- Do you have multiple partners?
- Have you shared needles with anyone?
- Have you exchanged sex for money or drugs?
- Have you ever had an STI or STD?
- Did your partner answer yes to any of these questions?
Educating yourself is a huge step in preventive care. We encourage you to learn about STIs, pregnancy, contraception, healthy relationships and how your mental state can be altered by the emotions that are involved.